Tuesday, August 18, 2009

getting closer...

I'm writing from beautiful Buckhorn, Kentucky...just a day or so from the Virginia border. There hasn't been much time for sitting and typing up my journal (the Fraulein runs a tight ship!) but I just thought I should let you know that I'm okay. We're in the Appalachian Mountains now--super steep climbs all day long. I'm pretty sore at the end of each day, but the end is so near I can taste it!

I expect to reach Yorktown somewhere around August 27 or 28, and then plan on cycling back home to DC, which should take 3 days. I'm planning a wrap-up party of sorts in DC on Sept 6 (Sunday of Labor Day Weekend) and you're all invited! I'll post more info as the date approaches, but mark your calendars if you're in the area or would like to visit!

Must run...the mountains are waiting and the day is only getting hotter.

Kendal

No comments: